Air Fryers: 2018 Buying Guide
A hot air fryer is a small electrical kitchen appliance that cooks food by circulating hot air by use of a fan or circulating system. It fries and crisps food without oil or very little oil at all.
This is a great device if you love fried foods but would like a more healthier option when you are cooking. The average price for a healthy fryer is between £59.99-£199.99. You may find cheaper airfryers out there but be sure to check the quality before buying. Prices vary due to brand, size and features.
Several brand name companies make these oil free fryers including Tefal, Philips and Duronic. These brands are some of the best air fryers on the market that also have great features and options.
Features to look for when buying an air fryer
- Temperature Controls - The temperature controls on a hot air fryer can range from low, medium or high; or they can have temperature gauges. The average temperature of hot air fryer is from 180 degrees celsius to 200 degrees celsius. Most temperature controls will be easy to use and are either digital or a turn knob.
- Timer - Some hot air fryers have a timer so that you can accurately measure the amount of time you are cooking your food. These timers can be digital, but are not always.
- Cooking Alerts - These types of low fat air fryers can come with indicator lights or audible sounds that will alert you to when the food is fully cooked. Not all of them have these alerts, however some of the better brands do.
- Capacity - Air fryers have different size capacities. The average range of capacity for a good hot air fryer would be between 800 grams to 2000 grams. Of course you can find larger or smaller ones than this, but the majority will fall between these sizes.
- Dishwasher Safe - Some parts of air fryers such as the bowl and the frying rack can be dishwasher safe. Check the manufacturing guidelines or the box before your purchase one. A dishwasher safe device is a great asset to easy cleanup.
- Safety Features - One of the best features about using a hot air fryer is that you are not cooking with oil which could be a fire hazards. Also many hot air fryers will have child locking lids, and handles that don’t heat up. However, just like an kitchen product use caution when using an air fryer and do not leave it unattended.
Best Selling Air Fryers Reviewed
Philips HD9220/20 Healthier Oil Free Airfryer
This healthier oil free air fryer by Philips has a food capacity of 800 grams and cooks your food with 80% less fat than a deep oil fryer. It has an easy to use temperature control system that let’s you adjust your temperature according to your desired setting. It also features a timer that can time your cooking up to 30 minutes.
The Philips Healthier Oil Free Airfryer also comes with an auto-off feature so that you never have to worry about forgetting to turn it off.
This is overall a great, healthier choice in cooking than a deep fryer. It’s integrated air filter allows for even cooking and is a very efficient way to cook healthier meals for your family.
Duronic AF1 /B Healthy Oil Free 1500W Air Fryer
You shouldn’t have to sacrifice taste for health. The Duronic Healthy Oil Free Air Fryer cooks or fries your food with little to no oil at all and still tastes just as great. It has an easy to use temperature control dial so that you can set it to the appropriate temperature with ease.
This air fryer also features a circulating air technology that cooks food evenly and accurately with no guesswork. It’s compact in size and has a capacity of 2200 grams.
One of this air fryers great safety features is the whole outside is always cool to the touch, so there is no worrying about small children trying to touch it while it’s cooking. Not only that, this healthy deep fryer’s basket and bowl are completely dishwasher safe for easy cleanup.
Frying your favourite foods has never been easier.
Tefal ActiFry Low Fat Fryer
This state of the art low fat fryer from Tefal is an ideal choice for healthier eating without all the added grease It has the capacity to cook up to 1000 grams of food a t a time.
This hot air fryer uses little to no oil and automatically rotates the food as it cooks. Not only that, this low fat deep fryer has a digital timer and an audible alert that lets you when your food is fully cook. It’s simple to use and easy to clean.
If you are looking for a good device that will be a great help in your kitchen this hot air fryer by Tefal might be for you! It has great customer reviews and is a well made product.